Sunday 15 January 2012

Dozo

Had lunch at dozo which is at 491 Rivervalley road for the first time, I would say the food and service is not bad, the drink was the only thing I didn't like. I would rate it a 7.5/10!

Firstly, the drink menu was stained with some kinda sauce which looked damn gross
 The starters: some kinda passion fruit ice shot i think? I'm not sure what it was but it was pretty good!
They gave us something to munch on while waiting for the food. It was like deep fried noodles which turned hard and wasn't nice. It looked like the chinese prayer thing to me :/
 Appetizer: From top; cream with smoked salmon, scallop, and foie gras. It was moderate to me.
 Side dish 1: Soft shell crab on mash potato with some fried apple/carrot and yam. The dish wasn't bad, the sauce was a tinge sour, but the garlic mash potato was good.
 Side dish 2: Gratinated escargot topped with yuzu butter and the other with cheese. It was gooooood! First time having escargot, sounds gross but it just taste like regular shell fish. Like gonggong.
 GONE!
 Soup: Mushroom truffle, was really good. Much have for sure.
 Main: Pork cheek with onion jam, was super good! It's kinda like a more fatty part I think, the meat literally MELTS in your mouth. I am not kidding. Y'know how cooking shows always exaggerates about the food, and I finally know how it feels! It was really juicy, tender and yummy. The crusted top is a herb breadcrumb with mayo i think.
 Main 2: Beef tenderloin on puye and granite stone, was not bad too. But I don't understand the tempura spaghetti.... what's with fried noodles?! it wasn't even nice. 
 Drinks: Iced fruity refresher and Iced grapefruit glory. The drinks were too sweet for me. Like syrup kinda tasting and I didn't like it at all. The hot fruity tea they served was good though. Would rather have that then this sweet syrup drink which wasn't refreshing at all.

 Dessert: Espresso Creme Brulee and warm chocolate cake with icecream. Dessert was alright, 8/10 I would say. 


 Warm chocolate cake was quite good. Sweetness was just nice.
 Trying to act atas lol.


I personally wouldn't go back there because the food didn't really suit my type of pallet. A 6 course meal was too much for me and I didn't really like the ambiance. Just a personal thought, you could go there to try it out and tell me how you think! Or even recommend me a place to feast at another time (:
Again, do comment or go to >>>>>> http://www.formspring.me/sherlynkon
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment